Back pain is very common and can be aggravated by actions at the office. Prevent back pain and find good posture with these simple steps.
- SITTING POSTURE. Find correct sitting posture with this simple exercise. Sit at the end of your chair and slouch. Then sit up and round your spine forward while arching your back. Release the position a bit. This is your best sitting posture.
- STANDING POSTURE. If you work at a standing desk, stand with feet hip width apart and tuck your pelvis slightly. Relax your shoulders, and keep your elbows at a 90-degree angle. Pro-Tip: It’s so important to stand on an anti-fatigue mat. A great desk we recommend is the X-Elite Pro Standing Desk by Stand Steady.
- EXERCISE. One of the best ways to prevent back pain is to get up and get moving. If you’re out of shape, you’re more likely to hurt your back. Walking is the best form of exercise, and you can easily integrate walking into your work day by taking a short walk at lunch, and again in the afternoon. Bring an extra set of walking shoes to the office, so you’re ready to go.
- EAT RIGHT. Processed and fast food can strain your nervous system. Alternatively, eating fresh foods will keep your digestive system on track, and maintain a healthy weight, which will put less strain on your spine.
- REDUCE STRESS. Stress really has an impact on back health. When you’re stressed, you tense your muscles, and this constant strain can increase back pain. Try stress reduction activities like deep breathing, and short meditations.
- SLEEP ON YOUR SIDE. One more tip when you’re NOT at the office is to sleep on your side. Don’t sleep flat on your back, which has been proven to add stress to your back. A supportive mattress and pillow are crucial also. And if you exercise during the day, you’ll sleep better at night.
Anyone can integrate these easy tips into their day, and find some back pain relief. We recommend to always consult your doctor prior to making any lifestyle or dietary changes.
Here is a helpful PDF you can print for quick work reminders!
- anti-fatigue mat,
- back pain,
- back pain solution,
- benefits of standing,
- better posture,
- healthy office,
- improve health,
- sit-stand desk,
- stand up desk,
- standing at work,
- standing desk,
- week in the like,
- weekly blog,
- work life