What’s up with using an anti-fatigue mat at the office? It seems like we’ve seen these things in Grandma’s kitchen, or at the auto-shop, but now they’re showing up at work too. Let’s look at some health benefits of using a mat with your standing desk.
- Building Strength. Standing at work is great for your core, using your body and spine in the way it was designed to stand. We weren’t designed to sit all day. A great anti-fatigue mat helps you build that core strength, by putting your feet on a cushioned and supportive, flat surface, which is much healthier than a typical office floor.
- Consistency. Some of our customers mention the first few days standing at work, rather than sitting, is a bit of an adjustment, and usually, it’s their feet that are complaining. The anti-fatigue mat prevents the strain on feet and ankle joints, which easily turns standing up into a consistent practice.
- Peace of Mind. When you have a mat, you don’t have to worry about standing in the right position, or wonder if you’re doing it right. You’ll have the peace of mind knowing you’re taking a step to protect your feet and joints.
- Easy Storage. An anti-fatigue mat is so versatile. Some people roll their chair right on top of it when they choose to take a sitting break. It just fits right in.
- Stretching. If you get a 30-inch-wide or wider anti-fatigue mat, you can stand with your feet hip-width apart, or a little wider, and get a nice stretch. This variety in your standing pose will strengthen the outside of your legs and feet and give you an assortment of ways to stand at work.
So, there you go – now you know why, and in case you don’t have a standing desk yet, now you can get our favorite standing desk kit that has a great anti-fatigue mat right there in the box! We’ve saved you so much time, so you can get back to work.